You say "International Top 10 Hip Hotels 2006"
|What a fantastic year "2006". After getting feedback from clients about hotels from around the world that are hipper than hip, I have listed ten cosmopolitan retreats below. Outstanding designs, great locations and trendy bars and restaurants make each of these hotels a unique experience. So in no particular order.
1. Soho Grand Hotel (New York) a favourite with stars of the fashion and entertainment industries, the Soho Grand is ideally located for exploring the trend-setting shops and galleries in the surrounding area.
2. Pavillon De Paris Hotel (Paris) Within walking distance of some of the most attractive areas of Paris, this design boutique hotel is high on the style stakes offering hi-tech furnished rooms and a relaxed ambience.
3. Lloyd Hotel (Amsterdam) a design hotel located in the fashionable Eastern Docklands area of Amsterdam, the Lloyd Hotel offers individually styled guest rooms furnished by Dutch artists within easy reach of the city centre.
4. Hotel Birger Jarl (Stockholm) Located in the centre of Stockholm, Hotel Birger Jarl is a uniquely-designed contemporary testament to Swedish creativity. The rooms mix fun modern touches with authentic Swedish décor.
5. Bryant Park Hotel (New York) Bold colours and modernist furnishings fill this stunning 25-storey building opposite New York's Bryant Park and close to 5th Avenue. Sip Martinis in the hotel's candlelit Cellar Bar or enjoy views of the park and meals in the Lobby Bar.
6. Clift Hotel (San Francisco) This Ian Schrager hotel incorporates Philippe Starck furniture, guestrooms draped in leathers, silks and velvets and blends tradition with cutting-edge design. Rooms offer great views of the city while the Asia de Cuba restaurant is one of San Francisco's hippest venues.
7. Art'Otel Mitte (Berlin) Beautifully decorated hotel in Berlin's historical Mitte district, decked in art by contemporary artist Georg Baselitz. Stylish rooms offer plenty of comfort while the hotel's restaurants offer a variety of modern cuisine.
8. Avalon Hotel (Los Angeles) Just a short stroll from the world famous Rodeo Drive, the Avalon features an hourglass swimming pool and 68 separate guest rooms all benefiting from separate sitting and dining areas; many of which have private balconies.
9. Andel's Design Hotel (Prague) Surrounded by the shopping complexes of the renovated Andel City, Andel's Design Hotel epitomises the area it inhabits. Expect architect-designed guestrooms with heated bathroom floors and minimalist but comfortable furnishings.
10. Aleph A Boscolo Luxury Hotel (Rome) A short walk from the city's famous Spanish steps (and many of its better shops), the Aleph and its award-winning design are housed in a Renaissance building on a quiet side street. Massage and saunas are available in the hotel spa.